Utter Pardesh : Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Purvanchal Expressway next week (on November 16), which will enhance road connectivity of Uttar Pradesh’s eastern region to the state capital Lucknow. The 340.824 km-long expressway will start from the state capital and end in Ghazipur, in eastern UP.
The expressway will also connect important cities like Varanasi, Ayodhya, Gorakhpur and Allahabad through link roads.
It is one of the most prestigious projects of the Yogi Adityanath government. The total cost of the project is ?22,494.66 crore, including cost of land.
Here is everything you need to know about the Purvanchal Expressway:
• The expressway would traverse through nine districts of the state, including Lucknow, Barabanki, Faizabad, Ambedkar Nagar, Amethi, Sultanpur, Azamgarh, Mau and Ghazipur.
• Uttar Pradesh government expects 15,000-20,000 vehicles to use the expressway every day in the initial days after its opening. The number is likely to increase.
• Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA) has made elaborate security arrangements on the expressway for the safety of the passengers. It will have advanced traffic management system and fencing to stop stray animals. Teams will be present at different spots to catch these animals, if they come on the expressway.
• To handle accidents and emergencies, ambulances with life support system will be kept ready, according to Hindustan Times’ sister publication Livehindustan. Twenty patrol vehicles will also be deployed, Livehindustan further reported.
• The government has also made provision for landing of fighter jets on the expressway. It has a three-km long runway at Kudebhar in Sultanpur district which can be used in emergency situation.
• The access-controlled six-lane expressway is expandable up to eight lanes. It will provide a major boost to connectivity, by allowing a journey of 300 kilometres to be covered in three and a half hours.
Total length of fully Access controlled 06 lane Expressway is 340.824 km. Project Cost:-
Rs 22,496.93 crore (including land cost). Starting Point:- Village Chandsarai, District Lucknow,
located on Lucknow-Sultanpur Road (NH-731). End Point:- Village Hyderia, District Ghazipur,
situated on NH-19, 18 km before of UP-Bihar border, Other districts lying on the Expressway:-
- Lucknow, 2. Barabanki, 3. Amethi, 4. Sultanpur, 5. Ayodhya, 6. Ambedkarnagar, 7. Azamgarh,
- Mau, 9. Ghazipur. 06-lane divided carriageway (expandable to 08 lanes) and 08-lane Structures.
Airstrip is being developed on the expressway in Sultanpur district of the Air Force for emergency.
The construction of all the eight packages of the Purvanchal Expressway project has been done
through E-Tendering. In this project, the lowest tenders were received at a cost of about 5.19
percent less than the estimated cost, which has given a profit of about Rs 614 crore to
UPEIDA. Despite the blockade caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, the construction of the
expressway is being attempted by the builders of all the packages to get the pre-pandemic progress
rate. Currently, the work of Clearing and Grubbing is 100 %, Earth Work 100%, Subgrade
work 100%, GSB work 100%, WMM work 100%, DBM work 100%, B.C. work 97% and
structures work 100% has been completed. The total physical progress as on dt. 08.11.2021 of
the project is more than 99%. The inauguration of this expressway is happening on
16th Nov, 2021 by Hon’ble Prime Minister at Airstrip Kurebhar, distt. Sultanpur.